OxygenOS is known for its fluidity, stock-like experience, and the fact that it doesn’t come pre-installed with any unnecessary bloatware. Android users praise OxygenOS for this premium experience. But now, with the latest OnePlus devices, the company has decided to add the infamous Facebook bloatware. This news came to light when many Twitter users reported about the Facebook bloatware on their OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and Nord devices.
OnePlus is bundling this Facebook package in OxygenOS of all regions. So, if you want to get rid of this bloatware from your OnePlus device, then this tutorial will guide you through the simple process. Here, I am going to show you how to remove Facebook bloatware from OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and Nord without root permission.
Uninstall Facebook bloatware from your OnePlus device
- First, setup ADB on your computer and then enable USB debugging on your phone. Don’t worry, the process is very simple and doesn’t require root permission.
- Now connect your OnePlus phone to the computer and run
adb-devicescommand to check the connection. It will list your device in a serial number format.
3. Next, enter
adb shell and hit enter. You will now enter the shell mode of your device.
4. Now, run the following command to remove Facebook App Manager from your OnePlus device. If it outputs “Success” then you are done.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager
5. Next, run this command to remove Facebook services.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.services
6. Finally, run this command to remove Facebook system. Now, you have successfully removed all the Facebook bloatware from your OnePlus device.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.system
So, that’s how you can uninstall the Facebook bloatware from OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and Nord. Now you can freely use your phone without having to worry about these shady background activities. Keep in mind that installing the Facebook app won’t reinstall these background services.