Flipping an image can be an immediate need while you’re editing your document in Google Docs.
And you may have tried the basic image adjustment tools, but unfortunately, you weren’t able to find an option to simply flip the image.
Today in this article, we’ll show how to flip an image in Google Docs in a few simple steps.
How to flip an image in Google Docs
For some reason, Google Docs doesn’t let you flip the image directly in a document.
If you try by playing with the image adjustment tools, you’ll only see rotation options. But, there’s still a way by which you can easily flip an image.
Follow the steps below to flip images in Google Docs.
1. Right-click on the image and select the Cut option. (Or use the shortcut – Ctrl + X on Windows and Command + X on macOS)
2. Click on the Insert tab on the top.
3. Click on Drawing.
4. Click on Add new option.
5. Now, paste the image by right-clicking inside the drawing tool and by clicking on the Paste option. (Or use the shortcut – Ctrl + V on Windows and Command + V on macOS)
6. Click on the Action button on the top left and look for the Rotate option.
7. Tap on Rotate, and now you’ll see two of the flip options – (1) Flip Horizontally, (2) Flip Vertically. Simply click on any of the desired options, and your image will be flipped.
8. Lastly, click on Save and close.
That’s how you can easily flip an image in Google Docs.
How to edit images in Google Docs
Google Docs also lets you edit images in the document itself. It allows you to crop, resize, apply filters, and adjust image tones.
Follow the steps below to edit images in Google Docs.
1. Hover over the image and right-click.
2. Click on Image options.
3. Now, a small window will appear on the right side showing all the possible image editing options.
Do note that Google Docs only allows for basic image editing tools.
What are the features of Google Docs?
Google Docs comes with a handful of features. It lets you save notes, edit images, add tables, charts, and more.
Here are some amazing features of Google Docs:
- Voice Typing
- Supports add-ons
- Supports equations
- Grammar/spell-checker and word counter
- Table of contents
- Save documents in any format