Xiaomi has performed exceptionally well in the budget and mid-range segment. Having sub-brands like Mi, Redmi, and Poco, which blew away the competition by providing impressive specs for the given price. But great hardware cannot be negotiated when the software is an underwhelming experience. As you may know, all of the Xiaomi devices run on MIUI, which is notoriously famous for providing bloatware and ads in its UI.
MIUI 11 update fixed most of the issues, but still, there are quite a good number of bloatware that comes preloaded with a Xiaomi device. These apps cannot be disabled or uninstalled; however, there is a small trick that can help you remove bloatware from MIUI. So, we have created this guide that will help you in cleaning up your phone without root access or unlocking the bootloader.
Remove MIUI bloatware in Xiaomi device without root
Before proceeding, make sure that you are removing only bloatware or those MIUI apps that you no longer require. If your phone doesn’t function properly after removing one of the MIUI apps, then you can reinstall those apps back by heading over to the Reinstaller tab.
- The first step to remove bloatware is enabling Developer options.
- Open Settings.
- Go to About phone and tap on the MIUI version, keep tapping until you see “You are a developer!“.
- Developer options are enabled. Now we have to enable USB debugging.
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer options and enable USB debugging.
Developer options are successfully enabled. Now you need to perform some simple steps on your computer.
- Download the latest Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools and also make sure you have Java Runtime Environment installed on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer.
- Allow USB debugging on your phone when prompted.
- Open Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools, and you’ll see a list of installed apps, including system apps on your phone.
- You can uninstall system apps from the Uninstaller tab. If you are not sure which app to keep and which to remove, then there is an option to disable those apps from the Disabler tab.
- Even if you uninstall one of the critical system apps, then you can easily reinstall it back from the Reinstaller tab.
Remember that if you delete certain apps then some features may stop working like Quick ball, App Vault, Compass, etc. These features may not be useful for someone while they may for others.
So, now you have successfully removed the bloatware and MIUI apps from your Xiaomi phone.
If you are having any problems while removing these apps, let us know in the comments below. We will try to help you out.