The new Windows update has created a lot of buzz on the internet. All this hype is worth it as Windows 11 has a different start menu, a new taskbar, new wallpapers, and improved design elements. Now with all this chatter about Windows 11, let us figure out how to download Windows 11. We will also learn how to install Windows 11 on our computer.
A site known as UUP dump provides features using which we can download the Windows 11 ISO file.
Also read: How to install Windows 11 on VirtualBox
There are two options here: either you can directly install the operating system in a virtual machine or create a bootable install USB flash drive to do a clean install on your computer.
How to download Windows 11 ISO file
There is no Windows 11 ISO file made available by Microsoft as they want you to run an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 using the Windows Insider Program. Keeping this in mind, you need to use a script provided by UUP dump to download the OS on your computer.
Here is a step-by-step guide to how to update to Windows 11:
1. Visit uupdump.net.
2. Locate “Latest Dev Channel build” and click on the x64 button next to it.
3. Choose the latest build.
4. Select language and click Next.
5. Choose your desired edition of Windows 11 and click Next.
6. Click on “Download and convert to ISO” and check “Include updates”.
7. Select “Create download package”.
( A small zip file will be downloaded to your PC. This zip file will be used to download Windows 11)
8. Unzip the zip file and create a separate folder for its contents.
9. Open the folder and run uup_download_windows.cmd as an administrator in the folder containing the downloaded files. Also, make sure the directory does not contain any spaces in its path.
10. If Windows 10 warns you about an unrecognized app, click on “Run Anyway”.
You don’t need to do anything once the command prompt window appears. Wait until it finishes downloading all the necessary files to create Windows 11 ISO file. Once it is finished, we will move on to the next step.
11. Press 0 to exit once the Windows 11 ISO file is downloaded using the script.
When you run the script on your computer, it will download all necessary files required to create the Windows 11 ISO file. This process may take up to several minutes and depends on the speed of your internet connection.
Making a bootable USB drive to install Windows 11
As mentioned earlier, there are two ways in which you can install Windows 11. Either you directly install it on a virtual machine, or you will need to make a bootable USB flash drive to perform a clean install.
Here is an article to learn how to make it: How to make a bootable USB flash drive
How to install Windows 11
With all said and done, let us finally learn how to install windows 11 on our PC.
Here are step-by-step instructions that you can follow:
1. Boot your PC with the USB installation drive.
(to boot from the USB, you might have to re-arrange the boot order in BIOS or hit a function key)
2. Select the language of your preference and click Next.
3. Either click on “I do not have a product key” or enter a key that is valid. Then click Next.
4. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
5. Among the available options, select Custom Install.
6. Select the installation drive and click Next. It is recommended that you format the drive before installing Windows on it.
(The installer may reboot here as it will copy some files)
7. Choose your region and click Next.
8. When asked, select the keyboard layout.
9. Give your PC a name and click Next.
10. Sign in to your Microsoft account. To achieve quick logins, you can create a PIN.
11. Change the privacy settings according to your preference. Then click Next.
12. You can either check the boxes of your interests for a customized experience or simply click Skip.
13. Select OneDrive or Only store files on this device.
14. Now, you may have to wait for a few minutes to complete the Windows 11 installation.
With this, within a couple of minutes, Windows 11 will be successfully installed on your PC. Once it is installed, you will be able to see the Windows 11 desktop. Now you are free to experiment and explore the all-new Windows 11 on your PC.