There are various methods to install an operating system like Windows 10 on your computer. Earlier, we used to install an OS using DVDs and CDs but now all of that can get done by using USB drives. Moreover they are faster and it’s easy to carry them around.
In this article we will go through the process of making bootable USB drive to install Windows 10. We will use a free tool called Rufus to make our USB pen drive bootable.
There are also other free tools to do that and one of them is provided by Microsoft itself. But that tool requires you to download the complete Windows 10 installation files. In case you already have the ISO image file, you can use that to create a bootable USB drive to install Windows 10.
How to make Bootable USB to install Windows 10 (Using Rufus)
Below are the steps to create bootable USB drive using Rufus. The tool is very lightweight (1.1 MB in size) and easy to use. It is the simplest way to make bootable USB pen drive to install Windows 10 OS on your computer.
- Download and run Rufus as an administrator on your computer. There is no need to install the tool, it will open right away.
- Now choose the USB drive that you want to make bootable.
- Then select the Windows 10 ISO image setup. It will be used to create your bootable USB drive and the contents from that ISO image will be copied into your USB drive.
- Now click on the START button to start the process.
- Wait until it’s finished and once when the process is completed, your USB drive is bootable and ready to install Windows 10 OS.
So, that’s how you can make a bootable USB pen drive to install Windows 10 OS. The process is very easy and straightforward as it requires you to download only one small tool. However, if you encounter any problem, then ask us in the comment section below and we will try to help you out.