- WhatsApp rolled out dark mode for WhatsApp Web.
- Enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web now.
WhatsApp finally announced the much-awaited dark theme feature for WhatsApp web. The dark mode is one of the most practical updates that came to the messaging platform this year. However, WhatsApp Web is one of the very late adopters of this feature, but finally, now we have an option to enable dark mode for WhatsApp on desktops.
Before now, Dark mode was only available on mobile devices. However, there were some tricks and workaround that could help you enable it on desktops. But now, finally, WhatsApp made dark mode possible on desktops.
The dark mode is worth enabling if you are in a dark environment, plus it is also easier on your eyes. It may also save you some battery power if your device has an OLED display.
How to enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web
- Open web.whatsapp.com or WhatsApp desktop app.
- Scan the QR code and sign-in into your account.
- Click on the three dots icon above your chat history.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option from the menu.
- Click on the ‘Theme‘ option in the ‘Settings‘ menu.
- Select Dark and hit OK.
Now you have successfully enabled dark mode on WhatsApp for your desktop.