TikTok has emerged as one of the most popular social media platforms for short videos.
The application has a strong hold over the global market as a lot of creators are already using the platform for the purpose of both creation and entertainment.
Some TikTok videos can be very entertaining, and you might want to share them on other platforms like Instagram. But the process for sharing a TikTok video on Instagram is a bit complicated.
However, if you are someone who is willing to do the same, we are here to help you.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to share TikTok videos on Instagram reels and stories.
How to share TikTok videos on Instagram
Sharing a TikTok video directly to Instagram is not that tricky.
You just need to follow a few simple steps, and then you are good to go. The best part is that the process is quite similar for both Android and iOS devices.
1. Firstly, open TikTok on your smartphone and then tap on the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Now, hold the video recording button to record a new video, or you can simply upload a previously recorded video from the gallery.
3. Get done with all the editing stuff, if required, and then tap the next button.
4. You will see an Instagram icon in the video-sharing options. Tap on it.
5. Now, you will get two options, either to share the video on the feed or in the stories.
6. Tap the “Post” button. Your video will be successfully posted on your Instagram account.
Furthermore, there is another way to share TikTok videos on Instagram, which is more convenient than this one.
You can simply link your TikTok account with your Instagram account to easily share content across the two platforms.
The steps are pretty simple for linking your Instagram account to TikTok.
How to link your TikTok account to Instagram
1. Open TikTok and tap the profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
2. Now, tap on the Edit profile button.
3. Here, tap on Add Instagram option.
4. You will be redirected to the login page of Instagram, where you can fill in your account credentials.
5. Now, just tap on the authorize button, and you are good to go, as your Instagram and TikTok accounts are now linked.
Note: If you want to share a TikTok video directly to Instagram reels, then the process is a bit tricky.
Firstly you need to download the particular TikTok video that you want to share on Instagram reels.
Now, just upload it to Instagram reels as any other video and post it after making the required changes.
After this, your TikTok video will be available on Instagram reels as a separate video. You have to follow the same procedure in the case of a private TikTok video.
Frequently asked questions
Here comes the time for the frequently asked questions around our main topic of discussion.
In this section, we have tried to cover all the basic level questions that revolve around sharing TikTok videos on Instagram and linking your Instagram and TikTok accounts.
There can be multiple reasons behind the inability to share TikTok videos on Instagram. The most prominent ones are a poor network connection, bugs in the application, and irregular app updates.
You can tackle these by clearing the cache, removing the app and reinstalling it, restarting your device, etc.
Yes, TikTok offers a repost button to the users to do the same with videos of any creator they find worthy. However, some of the creators deactivate the repost option for their videos.
In that case, you can download the video via an external channel and then repost it with the required edits.
Though, you can directly share any TikTok video on your Instagram story.
Still, if you are unable to do so, then you can simply copy the link of the TikTok video you want to share and then create a story by integrating the link to it in the traditional way to redirect the audience to TikTok.