TikTok has emerged as one of the most popular short video creating and sharing platforms on a global level. Though it is banned in India, but still the application has a strong hold over the global market as a lot of creators are already using the application for the purpose of both creation and entertainment.
However, when it comes to integration of the app in such a way that you can share your TikTok videos directly to other social media handles it is a bit tricky. But, considering the fact that creators prefer to reach over anything, sharing a TikTok video to Instagram is pretty necessary.
The procedure of sharing a TikTok video on Instagram is a bit complicated. However, if you are someone who is willing to do the same, we are here to help by making the process of sharing TikTok videos on Instagram easy. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to share your TikTok videos on Instagram.
How to share TikTok videos on Instagram?
Sharing a TikTok video directly to Instagram is not that tricky, you are just supposed to follow a few simple steps and then you are done. The best part about the sharing thing is that the process is quite similar in the case of both Android and iOS devices.
- Firstly, Open the TikTok application on your smartphone and then tap on the ‘+’ icon available at the bottom middle of the screen.
- Now, hold the video recording button to record and create a new video or you can simply upload a previously created video from the gallery of your smartphone.
- Get done with all the editing stuff, if required, and then tap the next button.
- You will be taken to the video publishing page, and change the settings according to your preference before sharing the video.
- You will see an Instagram icon at the bottom of the screen in the video sharing option, tap on it and then tap the post button.
- Now, you will get two options, either to share the video on the feed or in the stories, go for any one of them.
- Your video will be successfully posted on Instagram according to your selected choice.
Furthermore, there is another way to share your TikTok videos on Instagram which is more convenient than this one. You can simply link your TikTok account with your Instagram account to increase the reach of both platforms. The steps are pretty simple for linking your Instagram account to the TikTok one.
How to link your TikTok account to Instagram?
- Open the TikTok application and tap the profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Now, go to the edit profile tab and then tap on the ‘Add Instagram’ button.
- You will be redirected to the login page of Instagram where you can fill in your password and log in.
- Now, just tap on the authorize button and you are good to go as your Instagram and TikTok accounts will get linked.
Note: If you want to share a TikTok video directly to the Instagram reels, then the process gets a bit beefed up. First things first, download the particular TikTok video that you want to share on Instagram reels via third party applications or web services.
Now, just upload it to Instagram reels as any other video and post it after making the required changes. After this, your TikTok video will be available on Instagram reels as a separate video too. You have to follow the same procedure in the case of a private TikTok video.
Here comes the times for the frequently asked questions around our main topic of discussion. In this section, we have tried to cover all the basic level questions that revolve around sharing TikTok videos on Instagram and linking your Instagram and TikTok accounts.
Why can’t I share TikTok videos on Instagram?
There can be multiple reasons behind the inability to share TikTok videos on Instagram. The most prominent ones out of them are a poor network connection, bugs in the application, and irregular updation of the app. You can tackle these by clearing the cache, removing the app and reinstalling it, restarting your device, etc.
Can you repost TikTok videos?
Yes, TikTok offers a repost button to the users to do the same with videos of any creator they find worthy. However, some of the creators deactivate the repost option for their videos. In that case, you can download the video via an external channel and then repost it with the required edits.
How to link TikTok to an Instagram story?
Though, you can directly share any TikTok video on your Instagram story. Still, if you are unable to do so, then you can simply copy the link of the TikTok video you want to share and then create a story by integrating the link to it in the traditional way to redirect the audience to TikTok.