Snapchat is a popular app for instant messaging, posting stories and sharing map locations.
You can also share photos, videos, GIFs, emojis, and even stickers to add some fun to your conversations.
While the app has some great sticker packs on offer, you can go one step further and make your own sticker using the tools Snapchat offers.
In this article, we will tell you how to create your own stickers from the photos in your gallery on Snapchat.
How to Create Your Own Stickers on Snapchat
If you wish to create a custom sticker from a Snap or a photo from your camera roll, then you can follow these simple steps:
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Press the white circle on the bottom to take a Snap. You can also select a picture from your camera roll. For this tutorial, I will be using an image from the camera roll.
- Now tap on the scissors icon from the toolbar on the right side of the screen.
- Now use your fingers to make an outline around the area that you want to use as a custom sticker. You need to continuously drag your fingers to create an outline, and as soon as you release your finger, the sticker will be made. This process can be quite tricky, and it might take multiple attempts before you get the perfect results.
- Now move and drag your sticker to the location of your choice. You can also be able to resize your stickers by pinching them with your fingers.
- You can also add additional stickers from the sticker option denoted by the note icon in the toolbar. All the custom stickers that you create will also be visible in this menu.
- Additional custom stickers can also be created by pressing the “+” icon.
- Now you can add your custom sticker in any Snap or image of your choice by clicking on the Stickers option from the toolbar on the right.
How to Create a Snapchat Sticker Using the Auto Sticker Feature
In case you don’t wish to create a custom sticker by creating outlines with your fingers, then you can use the auto sticker feature to make your own custom sticker. With the help of this feature, Snapchat will be able to automatically generate custom stickers that you might like.
In order to use this feature, you need to press the sticker icon in the toolbar and then click on the scissors icon. You will see the Auto option appear on your screen. Press the Create button, and Snapchat will automatically create a sticker using the faces available in your camera roll.
This feature will work best if you have a clear photo of your face or a good-quality selfie in your gallery, as Snapchat will be able to detect your face better. In case you don’t have the right picture, then Snapchat won’t be to auto-generate those stickers.
How to Delete Custom Stickers on Snapchat
If you feel that your custom sticker on Snapchat isn’t good enough, then you can easily delete it by following these steps:
- In order to delete a custom sticker, open the sticker menu from the toolbar on the right and then tap on the Scissor icon to view all the custom stickers.
- Now press and hold on the sticker that you want to delete and drag it to the trash icon to delete the sticker.
How to Use Snapchat Custom Stickers in a Chat
You can share your newly created Snapchat sticker with your friends by sending them in a chat. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone and open the chat where you wish to send your custom sticker.
- Now click on the emoji icon next to the textbox at the bottom of the screen. All the emojis and stickers will be shown here.
- Tap on the Scissors icon at the bottom to view all the custom stickers. Click on the sticker of your choice to send it.
That’s it. These are all the ways you can follow to create and share your own stickers on Snapchat. Use your creativity to create some cool stickers and share them with your friends to impress them.