OnePlus is known for providing the best in class performance and software experience on their smartphones. But, the same cannot be said when it comes to cameras on OnePlus devices.
However, the latest Google Camera mod changes things on the OnePlus 7 series. It supports Aux cameras (ultra-wide and telephoto) lens and, surprisingly, without root. Earlier, you needed root access to use Aux cameras, but the process is much more straightforward.
Download and install GCam on OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T and 7T Pro
- Download and install the GCam (Google Camera) Mod by Wichaya. If asked, give permission to install the APK file.
- In the next step, you have to apply the XML config file to get better results on the OnePlus 7 series. Download the XML file for OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro / 7T / 7T Pro.
- Now move the XML file to the GCam > configs7 folder. You can find the GCam folder in your internal memory.
- Next, open the Google Camera app and double-tap anywhere on the black bar around the shutter button. A dialog box will appear.
- Here, select the XML config file and tap on the Restore button. Now the XML configuration will be instantly applied, and you will get the best working GCam.
So that’s how you can install the latest GCam mod on your OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro / 7T / 7T Pro smartphone. Follow these steps accurately, and you are good to go. Now, enjoy the Google Camera features on your OnePlus device.
And while you are at it, here’s a quick little tip:
It may be impossible to get the exposure right in an uneven lit condition/area. In such conditions, you can turn on HDR manually from Settings > Advanced > enable the toggle for HDR+ control.