OnePlus has been the most talked-about OEM to be in the race of Android 11. A number of big brands have already released Beta 1 or even Beta 2 for their flagship devices. But stock Android 11 is not what you’re going to experience in the long run. It is eventually going to be the UIs on top of Android 11 in your hands.
OnePlus made its mark when they were among the first to release the Android 11 ecosystem for the users to experience. But one thing that kept fans excited was the awaited OxygenOS version based on A11. OxygenOS has established itself as a highly desired UI. Users enjoy every bit of the features and supreme optimization. Well, it looks like your wait is partially over.
OnePlus released the OxygenOS 11 beta based on Android 11 Developer Preview 3 for the OnePlus 8 series exclusively. That’s what we meant by ‘Partially’. Nevertheless, it is big news for the users as they will get a clear idea of how this newly developed UI will perform and what all it tags along. Keep reading to find the complete change list, and of course, some bugs that come along.
Key updates (please refer to the change log for the full list)
- New visual design (including Weather app, Launcher, Gallery, Notes)
- New layout for more comfortable and convenient one-handed operation
- Always-on display function, including 11 new clock styles
- Live wallpaper that changes according to the time of day
- New OnePlus Sans font that improves readability
- Optimized Dark Mode, including the ability to automatically turn on and off and a shortcut in Quick Settings
- 3 new Zen Mode themes, more timing options, and new Group feature to let you experience Zen Mode with your friends
- New Gallery function that automatically creates a weekly story based on your photos and videos
- Some third-party applications may not function as expected
- System stability issues
- Network stability issues in some scenarios
Also, be advised that this is only the first appearance of the update, and it could even brick your device of not installed properly. However, for the OxygenOS lovers, this is your time to finally update your devices with the newly developed software.
Here are the download links:
This article is only meant for breaking news coverage, and if you really wish to flash it to your device, we kindly advise you to head to the OnePlus official announcement to learn the process.
This story has just begun. OnePlus 8 series is the first one to have it. Others are expected to follow soon in the upcoming weeks. Going by the reports, September is the month that’d see more device enrollment and finally, in October, we’d witness the final stable version of the OxygenOS 11.
Stay tuned for that!