Whether you want to get rid of those annoying acne, blur backgrounds to have a portrait look, add filters, and give your pictures a sense of liveliness and excitement. All are away with just a few taps on your smartphone.
Photo editing apps provide basic as well as pro tools to edit your images. Depending on what kind of needs you have, you can choose from a vast range of options.
So here’s a list of photo editing apps for Android that we think are currently the best you can get. The list contains both free and paid photo editing applications.
Also read: Best Video Editor Apps for Android
Table of Contents
Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
Note: The list given below isn’t in any order of preference. Please choose according to your requirements.
- Totally free, with no unlock or hidden features
- Professional editing tools
- Opens JPG and RAW files
- Simple editing process
- Requires a slight practice to use it effectively
- Not for the complete novice
- No option for a collage
- Save options aren’t very intuitive
- A problem in opening RAW files
- Minor bugs
What used to take several hours of work in Photoshop or Lightroom for editing pictures is now much more convenient with Snapseed.
This app allows you to fine-tune things like brightness, contrast, saturation, curves, and much more. It comes with a surprising amount of options and features to edit your images.
Snapseed helps you add filters, and HDR effects, fix red-eye, cropping, add lens blur, and much more. It’s a little hard for beginners, but once you start editing and learn to use every tool, it will be very easy to use.
- Abundant tools and filters
- Discover daily challenges
- Can also edit videos
- Thorough control of the canvas
- More options to import pictures
- The cutout tool needs improvement
- Too many ads in the free version
- Needs an upgrade to access all features
PicsArt is one of the best all-in-one photo editor apps. It comes with powerful photo-editing tools, filters, effects, and more.
Features like clone, stretch, cutout, stickers, masks, and lens flare make it stand out from other apps like Lightroom and Snapseed. It has many tools and options that are needed for editing pictures.
You can create memes, collages, templates, and many more. Also, the Discover and Challenges tabs contain lots of new ideas that you can use to edit your next image.
- Interesting features like cloud library, learn and discover
- Can adjust everything from the haze and grain level to the tones of shade
- Get the same effect across multiple photos by copying and pasting options
- Prior editing skill is required
- Essential tools like healing, selection, and perspective are available only in the premium plan.
- The gallery is not integrated like Picsart.
- UI uses dark grey text on a black background, which is not so clear to read.
Adobe Lightroom is one of the best and most popular photo editing apps for smartphone users.
It has a free version which is more than enough to edit your photos and export them in high quality. However, the premium version offers more features and lets you edit every little detail.
Features like editing RAW files or making selective adjustments are included in the premium plan and require a paid membership after a short trial period.
Photo Editor Pro
- Easy-to-use editing tools
- Plenty of filters and effects
- Collage maker
- Most tools are unlocked in the free version
- Keyboard emojis can’t be used
- Minor bugs
- It doesn’t work on tablets in landscape mode
Photo Editor Pro is packed with a lot of tools to edit and add effects to your pictures. The app lets you share your edited images directly on Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp, etc.
It comes up with plenty of filters and creative effects that can be easily applied to your images. It also has an inbuilt collage maker and a drawing tool.
The app is easy to use and does not require any prior skills or knowledge to edit images.
- Export to Facebook or Instagram, or Twitter easily
- Very user friendly
- Easy to create animations
- Most clipart and filters are locked in the free version
- Exporting in GIF format is locked
- Can’t stack overlays one at a time
We have decided to add this app to our list because some people will love to animate their edited photos and bring life to the captured memories.
Motionleap allows you to edit photos with powerful and easy-to-use 3D animation tools. The picture editor lets you add multiple images and edit them simultaneously to make the animation.
You can use the free version with a watermark. However, you will need to pay for its premium version to remove the watermark and get access to premium assets. Motionleap also offers a free trial for a while. Otherwise, most of the features are free to use.
- No editing skills required
- Retouch, shape, and skin correction features
- Quick and easy editing
- Too many ads
- Minor bugs
Cymera is a powerful and easy-to-use photo editor app and comes packed with more than 130 image effects and filters.
With this app, you can adjust brightness, contrast, sharpness, lighting settings, and more. It also has important tools such as blur tools, beauty tools for eye enlarging, skin-perfecting, smile Editor, etc.
You can also use this app to capture photos with the built-in camera feature.
- Useful face pop and beauty tools
- Useful for creating memes with built-in tools
- Lots of free stickers
- The user interface could have been better
- Fewer tools for photo editing
- Ads pop up randomly
Camly is an amazing photo editor app for Android that provides professional editing tools, a set of stickers, various effects, and unique filters that can easily make your photos look unique.
With Camly, you can edit brightness, contrast, exposure, light and shadows, hue, etc. You can also use vignette, rotate, fisheye, barrel, pincushion distortion, and other image editing tools.
You will get somewhat fewer tools, but the app is suitable for making minor edits and adding effects to your images.
- Plenty of tools and effects
- It comes with useful features like PIP, collage, face swap, filter grid, and much more.
- Useful options like photo locker and Prisma
- Problems like app crash, black screen
- Sometimes shows errors while saving images
Toolwiz Photos is one of the best all-in-one photo editing apps, which provides more than 200 powerful tools. This app comes with all kinds of image editing tools that are free to use.
The Toolwiz Photos app comes with lots of features such as magic filters, art filters, effects, image processing tools, beauty tools, tools for creating memes, drawing tools, and many more. It is a powerful toolkit for editing images on Android.
- Clean UI
- Ample templates and filters
- Powerful tools like texture and weather editor
- Blending options are limited
- No drawing section
- Too many Ads and minor bugs
- Most templates and filters are locked in the free version
- No option to adjust image quality or size
Lumii is a powerful and easy-to-use photo editor app for Android. The app lets you edit and add amazing effects to your pictures with just a few taps.
It has a good collection of filters and effects that are free to use. However, you can only access the full set of features after paying for the premium version.
Lumii is a beginner-friendly photo editing app as it has a simple and easy-to-use interface. It is a good option for those who have little or no editing experience.