Whether you want to get rid of those annoying acne, blur images to have a DSLR look, add filters, give a sense of liveliness and excitement to your memories. All are away with just a few taps on your smartphone. These apps provide a professional level of editing, depending on what kind of needs you have.
So here are our top picks for the best photo editing apps for Android. The list contains both free and paid photo editors for Android that we feel are currently the best of the best!
Also read: Best Video Editor Apps for Android
Best Photo Editing Apps for Android
- Adobe Lightroom
- Photo Editor Pro
- Enlight Pixaloop
- Toolwiz Photos
NOTE: The list given above isn’t in any order of preference; please choose according to your needs.
- Totally free with no unlock or hidden features
- Stocked with professional tools
- Opens JPG and RAW files
- Simple Editing Process
- Requires a slight practice to use effectively
- Not for the complete novice
- No Option for “Photo Collage”
- Save options aren’t very intuitive
- Problem in opening RAW files
- Minor Bugs
What used to take several hours of work in Photoshop or Lightroom for photo editing is now much more comfortable. The app allows you to fine-tune things like brightness, contrast, saturation, curves, and much more—by giving you a surprising amount of control point over your photos.
The app helps you add filters, HDR-Effects, fixing red-eye, cropping, adding lens blur, and much more. It’s a little hard for beginners, but once you start editing and learns to use every tool, it will be very easy as pie to cut.
- Abundant Tools and filters
- Awesome collage features
- Discover and Challenges tab
- Can Also Edit Videos
- Thorough control on your canvas
- More options to import your photos
- The Cutout tool needs development
- Picsart is infested with ads
- Need gold membership to use all tools and effects.
PicsArt is the Best All-in-One Photo Editor. It comes with powerful photo-editing and collaging tools. Packed with cool filters and effects for you to fall in love. You can edit photos like a professional editor.
Features like perspective, dispersion, clone, stretch, cutout, stickers, brushes, masks, and lens flare make it different from other apps like lightroom and snapseed. It has all components for you to edit any of your pictures so effectively that you won’t need your PC.
You can create memes, collages, templates for blogs, shayaris, etc. Also, look at Discover and Challenges tabs, which may help you enlighten your perception.
This is one of the best editing apps for Android users. Used by Professionals for all types of photo editing.
- Features Clouds Library, Browse and Learn, Discover is interesting
- Adjust everything from haze and grain level to the tones of shade and the highlights
- Get the same effect across multiple photos by copying and pasting settings
- Prior editing skill is required
- Essential Tools like Healing, Selection, Perspective are available only on Premium Plans
- The gallery is not integrated like Picsart
- UI uses dark grey text on a black background, which is not so clear to read.
Adobe Lightroom is the very best photo editing app for smartphone users. The free version is more than enough to edit your photos and export them in high quality. Some editing tools would make your experience way better.
Features like editing RAW files or making selective adjustments are premium features and requires a paid membership after a trial period.
Photo Editor Pro
- Powerful and easy photo editing tools
- 60+ Filters and almost 100+ effects
- Collage Maker
- All essential tools are unlocked in the free version
- Ads won’t annoy you
- Keyboard emojis can’t be used
- Minor Bugs
- Does not support tablets in landscape mode
- Pro Version is quite expensive concerning features it provides
Photo Editor Pro is packed with great tools needed to edit pictures perfectly. It’s easy to share your images directly to Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook, etc. from this app.
It comes up with abundant filters, stylish effects, grids and collage maker, and a drawing tool to give your photos a zest. It’s easy to use the app, can edit pictures in less time side-by-side eye-catchy.
No prior skills or knowledge are required; open the app, and start editing.
- Export to Facebook or Instagran, or Twitter easily
- Very User Friendly
- Pro version worth at its price
- Easy to learn and create animation in one click
- Most Cliparts and Filters are locked in free version
- Exporting in GIF Format is locked
- Can’t stack overlays, one at a time
- Options for animations, overlay, special effects are less
We have added this app to our list because some people will love to animate their edited photos and bring life to the memories captured.
Pixaloop allows you to edit photos with powerful and easy to use 3D animation tools. The picture editor lets you see your image come to life with simultaneous edits.
Pixaloop helps you create animation picture effects. Not all the effects are unlocked in the free version, but the pro version worth every penny.
- Quality Camera App
- No skills required
- Retouch, Shape, and Skin Correction
- Fast Editing
- Too many Ads
- Minor Bugs
This powerful photo editor app, easy to use, is packed with 130+ photo effects and filters, basic brightness, contrast, sharpness, Lighting settings, blur tool, beauty tools such as Eye enlarging, skin-perfecting, smile Editor, etc.
This app is good, not only for editing but capturing photos too. The app is best for making YouTube thumbnails as well as for creating memes.
- More tools under the Beauty tab
- Face Pop tool, which is unique
- Useful for creating MEMES effortlessly
- Many Free Stickers
- Poor UI
- Fewer tools for Photo-Editing
- Ads pop up Randomly
- Pro Version is overpriced
Camly is an excellent photo editor for android that provides professional editing tools, a set of stickers, various effects, and unique filters that can easily make your photo special.
With Camly, you can edit brightness, contrast, optical exposure, light and shadows, hue, etc. You can also use vignette, rotate, Fisheye, barrel and pincushion distortion, and other image manipulating tools. You will get somewhat fewer tools, but the app is good at making memes effortlessly.
- Countless Tools and Effects
- Features like PIP, Photo-Collage, Face Swap, Filter Grid, and much more separate this from other apps
- Useful options like Photo Locker and Prisma
- Can be used by Professionals as well as Beginners
- Slight Buggy
- Problems like App Crash, Black Screen
- Saving Error, So before full editing, check saving first
Toolwiz Photos is the best all-in-one PRO-photo-editor app which provides around 200+ powerful tools. This app comes with all kinds of tools that are free to use.
The app has Magic Filters, Art Filters, Effects, Image Processing tools, Beauty Tools, Tools for creating MEMES, Drawing tools, and many more hidden features that will give you a wow. It’s a powerful toolkit available for quality and effective photo-editing.
- Wonderful UI
- Ample templates, but most are locked
- Powerful tools combine with an option for Texture, Weather
- The app is known for its unique collection of Filters
- Blending options are limited
- The drawing section is missing
- Too many Ads and minor bugs
- App has a good collection of filters, but most are locked in the free version
- Quality and size option not available before saving the edited-photo
Lumii, as a powerful photo editor pro, values simplicity and practicality the most. Just fast and straightforward touches, you can create high artistic quality works without any professional skills.
Professionals also use this photo-editing app for its vast collection of Filters (Pro version only). It offers all the advanced photo editing tools and great photo filters and effects.
No matter you are a newbie or pro, Lumii will be your best partner on the way of photo-editing. This app is known for its unique filters, So if you like Filters, this app is definitely for you only. It gives a perfect result by combining photo editing tools and filters.